MM2C Podcast by Ben Alagnam

SEARCH the Related FSW Canada Topics HERE!

26 March 2018

From Working in a Factory, Housewife, and in a Financial Industry in Canada

Author: Net

They say if it's your destiny, no one can take it away from you and that it will be given to you at the right place and at the right time.

This is what exactly happened to us.  The moment my husband applied as immigrant years ago (we were only a couple back then), to what our "set-up" now as a family.

When he applied and was denied twice, I felt his sadness and dismay for this is his dream country, to raise our kids.  But I told him  that there's a reason for everything and maybe it's not yet our time or it's not the place for us.  Then years passed, he worked as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) in Singapore, which made him grew apart from me and our children.

Then one day he said,
"I will try it again for the last time.  If this still doesn't work, then I'll give up and plan our lives in Philippines."

"Ok, if that's what you want, I'll support you on that," I replied.

"But don't let your hopes up. I don't want you to feel the same frustration, keep it light, ok?" I added with encouragement.

The Update
Then the news came that he needed to submit certain requirements.  Good thing, he had kept all those documents intact.

Everything else followed, the next thing we knew was we're already packing our trip here in Canada.

Once we're here, we had all the basic requirements needed to settle in - applying the Permanent Residence card, Social Insurance Number (SIN), Health Card, bank accounts and sending my eldest son to school.

We were very eager to have our jobs here.  They say it's very easy to find a job in Toronto if you are not picky.

True enough, my husband got his job 5 days after landing and mine followed after few days.  Though my first job was sort of a seasonal job,  I got laid-off after working for 1 month. but after a week of "rest" , I got another job that is quite promising.

Got a Promising Job
Another good news came but with a catch in the end...

My husband got a new job that required him to travel out of town every month.  So the problem was who will take care of the kids when he's away and I have to work in the afternoon until nighttime.

We weighed things up, listed down all the pros and cons and ended up me having a new job...a housewife.

Our New Setup
Sacrifices were needed. The main reason why we're here is for our kids.  So they are our top priority.  And besides, how can you get a baby-sitter to stay until midnight 5 times a week? And my youngest son is the clingy one.  He might be crying the whole night until I reach home from work.

We were receiving the child benefits from the government and it's over C$300/month.  Not bad at all, it's as if I'm also working with the benefit to bond with my kids. They can eat fresh from the stove and not heated from the microwave.

Before
- Ate Ana sends and pick up our sons to and from school, which we pay C$15/week.
- Food was heated by microwave.
- Bond with kids only during weekends
- Quality time was only on weekends
- No time to teach my son on his assignments
- No time to attend my son's school seminars and activities

After
- Send my sons to school everyday
- Newly cooked meal
- Bond with kids everyday
- Quality time with husband everyday except when he's out of Ontario to work.
- Teaching my eldest on his school works
- Attend seminars given by the school

We stayed this way partly until now while having a business as a Financial Coach.

See more videos and photos about Canada
Like the Community Facebook Page: MM2C Community

Join the Me Moving To Canada membership website:
www.memovingtocanada.com

No comments:

Ben Alagnam - MeMovingToCanada