MM2C Podcast by Ben Alagnam

SEARCH the Related FSW Canada Topics HERE!

28 August 2014

VISA-Stamped Passport : New Update from the CVAC Singapore

Got an email from the Canada Visa Application Service (CVAC) in Singapore informing me that our processed passports were dispatched from the Canada Visa Office and is ready for collection.
I paused for a while, still holding my mouse, bowed down, closed my eyes facing the floor and said "Thank's God!", with a sign of relief.
At my previous post about sending my passport to CVAC, I had explained there on how to go to their office.  You can follow that post here.

What I Felt at the CVAC Office?

With no time to waste, I went out of our office and headed to CVAC.  I had to hurry because the collection schedule of the passports was from 2:00pm to 4:00pm only.

My heart was beating fast, feet felt numb and had butterflies in my stomach.  This is weird, even if we were already informed from the previous month that our visas are approved, the excitement was still intense. 

Knowing that our passports will be on my hands and touching it in a little while, had me realized that time really flies fast, and now, this is the real thing!

At the 11th floor, one lady applicant was in front of me, holding her folder.  I can also sense how she feels right at the moment.  She's so excited to go inside the CVAC main door, and so was I.

When it was my turn, the guard gave me a queuing number and I'm the second person to collect.  My hands trembled from the excitement.  I can't explain why I am feeling this way, it could be because of the FSW Applicant Syndrome.

How Our Immigrant Visas Look Like?

The attendant pressed the button for the next queue number, and it was my turn.

I handed her my Identification Card (IC) and the CVAC receipt for verification purposes.  She went inside the small room and came back bringing 4 big brown envelopes.


Each envelope has a sticker on it, labelled with our names and particulars. She instructed me to inspect the details of each passports before leaving the room.

I sat down, hands still shaking.  As I ripped off the sealed envelope, I saw my passport initially opened at the center page, with the most valuable sticker in the World, my FSW Immigrant Visa!!!


The most valuable sticker in the World, my FSW Immigrant Visa!!!
The feeling of fulfillment is within me at that moment, I was at cloud nine.  I can still recall the years of anxieties that I have been through, it was refreshed at an instant by this one thin piece of sticker.

What are the Other  Enclosed Documents?

Aside from the passport,  it enclosed 2 sheets of paper and a brochure.

  • The paper is the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), one copy has the photo of the applicant. 
  • The brochure is for the Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP).

You can see my Timeline for the bird's-eye view of my FSW Canada journey.  Press LIKE if you have also felt the excitement.
__________________________________

If you have any questions regarding this post, you can leave a comment below or email me at benalagnam@yahoo.com.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by BenAlagnam's FeedBurner

HAVE MORE ON THIS BLOG
 EMAIL    RESOURCES      ASK ME    ARCHIVE    SUGGEST

22 comments:

gobbledegook said...

Congrats! You have been a wonderful and most generous guide! Things will work out well for you :) If i ever go to Toronto I will be sure to look you up!

The feeling must be awesome! Most importantly, its gd that you finally get to reunite with your wife and kids, for good :) That's such great news already!

Ben Alagnam said...

Thank you!

I'm also excited to see my kids and my wife soon. I'll always be posting all the details of my journey to Canada.

If you can visit Toronto, just email me.

k@peng_barako said...

Congrats! You deserve it. After the long wait and all the challenges! Thanks again for the help, mate! Hope we can meet again.. but would like to have there in The True North strong and free! ;-) m@r

Anonymous said...

congrats Ben! =) God bless

-cycloneblurr-

Ben Alagnam said...

Thanks m@r, also looking forward on meeting you again...hopefully in Toronto soon.

Ben Alagnam said...

Thanks cycloneblurr!

Unknown said...

Congrats Ben.. May god bless u and ur family.. Good luck for the future

Ben Alagnam said...

Thank you Sukhpreet!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You deserve that. :) Keep helping and inspiring other people.

Ben Alagnam said...

Thank you! I will...

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ben! All the best to you and your family. God bless!

-JC

Ben Alagnam said...

Thank you JC!

Unknown said...

Congratz Ben!
Clap..Clap..

Ben Alagnam said...

Hi Madel, Thank you!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!

Bibin said...

while reading this, my passport request came ...what a coincidence

margiegirl29 said...

Hi Ben, again I would like to thank you for creating this blog for your journey to Canada. I have asked a few questions in your IOM experience and it was very helpful. Now, we received word from CIC that they are requesting for our passports so they can issue our PR visa already! :D Thanks, God! :)

Anyway, I would like to ask how long will it take before they can give back your passports after submitting them to the Visa office? My husband and I have planned trips already next month and on March and so I am just wondering if we will have a problem getting our passports on time prior to our flights.

Thanks again and looking forward to your reply.

Ben Alagnam said...

CONGRATS Margie!!!Expect to receive your passport within a month after sending them to CIC.

margiegirl29 said...

Thanks, Ben! God bless you and your family! :)

Junaid Hussain said...

I like to reside in Canada

Please help me###

Email: jhtraveltours@gmail.com

Ben Alagnam said...

Hi Junaid, start reading the process here... https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

alex johnson said...

dwellhq

Ben Alagnam - MeMovingToCanada